Nmap Development mailing list archives

NMAP -> http-methods.nse result

From: Zack Dela <ny101880 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 22:37:04 -0700 (PDT)

Good day

I would like to ask this following output below using the script http-methods,
im confused if the site is really using PUT and DELETE
Which of the following output wherein we can conclude that a certain site has
indeed use PUT and DELETE methods?

In my opinion, Output 1 is not while Output 2 is somehow using those methods
with restriction (PUT and DELETE). Or this 2 output simply says that the site is
not  using methods PUT and DELETE?

Im checking this to our site since this PUT and DELETE methods are dangerous.

Output 1:
 PUT / -> HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed
 DELETE / -> HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed

Output 2:
DELETE / -> HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
PUT / -> HTTP/1.1 411 Length Required

Please help clarify