Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 5.36TEST1 test release

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 19:27:56 -0800

Hi Folks.  There was talk on the list about us being overdue for an
Nmap release, and I agree.  As a first step in that process, I just
made a test release based on the latest svn revision (r21129).  I'm
not linking it from the Nmap download page, and I haven't updated the
CHANGELOG, but you're welcome and encouraged to try it out and report
any problems.  The actual release is at least a week away.

David did the Mac build and notes that the fonts look a bit differnt
due to a change in the way hinting is handled by our library
dependencies.  He is working on this issue.

You can find the source code tarballs at:
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-5.36TEST1.tar.bz2
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-5.36TEST1.tgz

Windows binaries:
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-5.36TEST1-setup.exe
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-5.36TEST1-win32.zip

Mac:
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-5.36TEST1.dmg

And the Linux RPMs:
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-5.36TEST1-1.x86_64.rpm
http://nmap.org/dist/ncat-5.36TEST1-1.x86_64.rpm
http://nmap.org/dist/nping-0.5.36TEST1-1.x86_64.rpm

http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-5.36TEST1-1.i386.rpm
http://nmap.org/dist/ncat-5.36TEST1-1.i386.rpm
http://nmap.org/dist/nping-0.5.36TEST1-1.i386.rpm

http://nmap.org/dist/zenmap-5.36TEST1-1.noarch.rpm
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-5.36TEST1-1.src.rpm

Enjoy, and don't forget to report any problems!

Cheers,
Fyodor