Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap on Windows 2000

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:31:44 -0600

I run nmap 5.35DC1 on a Windows 2000 Professional jumpbox.

Originally, this was to avoid the raw sockets limitations introduced with
Windows XP SP2.

I know that nmap has worked around this issue, but I never upgraded my box.
It's hard to upgrade since it's a six hour drive away from where I work and
sits in a personnel-free lab.

Does this mean that the next official binary release won't work on my
Windows 2000 Pro box?  That would be give an incentive to replace it or
upgrade it.

-Jason