Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap-5.35DC1 fails to build

From: "J. L. " <vwyodapink () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 22:53:10 -0700

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 8:51 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 04:39:15AM +0100, J. L.  wrote:
I am trying to get nmap to build for my machine. I am on a gumstix
overo running angstrom linux with a gnome desktop and seem to not be
able to get nmap to build for me. I am not sure what the errors mean
and have not had much luck searching the net for similar issues. If
you need to know more about my setup please feel free to ask and I
will post what you need to know. Here is the error:
Compiling nmap
rm -f nmap
g++ -Wl,-E  -Lnbase -Lnsock/src/   -o nmap main.o nmap.o targets.o
tcpip.o nmap_error.o utils.o idle_scan.o osscan.o osscan2.o output.o
payload.o scan_engine.o timing.o charpool.o services.o protocols.o
nmap_rpc.o portlist.o NmapOps.o TargetGroup.o Target.o
FingerPrintResults.o service_scan.o NmapOutputTable.o MACLookup.o
nmap_tty.o nmap_dns.o  traceroute.o portreasons.o xml.o   -lnbase
-lnsock -lpcre libpcap/libpcap.a -lssl -lcrypto
libnetutil/libnetutil.a ./libdnet-stripped/src/.libs/libdnet.a  -lnl
-ldl
nmap.o: In function `nmap_free_mem()':
/installSources/nmap-5.35DC1/nmap.cc:1956: undefined reference to `close_nse()'

It looks like you've got some mismatch with liblua. close_nse should
only be called when NOLUA is not defined. For you, NOLUA is not defined,
but liblua is also not being linked with.

Try doing a "make distclean", then configure with
--with-liblua=included.

David Fifield

During the configure I got a WARNING: 'Makefile.in' seems to ignore
--datarootdir setting, this showed up before the ascii art at the end.

ran it with ./configure --with-liblua=included --with-pcre=included
I added the pcre that way as well as I noticed it found the .h for it
but said was not usable.

the did make and it error'd out complaining about could not find file
openssl/md2.h, so guess my openssl install I messed up some where in
my recipe for it. So I will dig there and see if I can get it install
that header it missed. Thanks for your time I really appreciate the
help a bunch.

also not sure if this makes any major difference its an armv7 chip