Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] [patch] Big changes to http-enum.nse

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 23:54:20 -0700

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:47:03PM -0500, Ron wrote:
I've made the changes you requested, including Patrick's recommendation. But beyond them, I've done some more work on
the HTTP library.

I'd like to get your opinions of revision 20720 of my branch. I made some interface changes to the http library,
mostly by making functions local that probably should have been local (and that aren't being used). I also removed a
couple functions that I don't think are useful, and replaced the header documentation.

While writing the header documentation, I realized that the pipeline() code could use some cleanup. There are
redundant arguments, and arguments that I'd argue are missing. My next task is going to be to clean up that set of
functions, document all the public functions better, then call it good to go.

Please hold off on doing that or do it in separate branch, so that the
http-enum changes can be merged separately. Since that part is already
done, you can merge it. These cleanup changes are great but I find them
hard to keep track of when they're mixed with functinoal changes and new
features.

David Fifield