Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Output|Input pipe and forcing script run

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 07:48:12 -0700

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:47:37AM +0200, Martin Holst Swende wrote:
Also, a while ago there was a discussion about forcing a script to be
run . That is a feature I would really love. Is anybody working on that?
Fyodor suggested placing the patch in NSE, if that means in "lua-space"
I could implement that if given some hints on where to place it.

First you should try implementing this in the shortport library. Add a
check to each of the functions for the script argument "force":

local force = stdnse.get_script_args("force")

Then try running some scripts with this to see how it works. I think
there will be unexpected surprises when forcing scripts to run with the
large number of ports Nmap scans by default.

The next step is to make it apply to all scripts in nse_main.lua. Try
editing the "main" function in Script:new_thread. That's where the rules
are actually called and can be overridden.

Keep us updated with patches and your progress. I am interested to see
how this works.

David Fifield