Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap errors on our Win7 corporate image

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 20:58:16 -0700

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 11:03:25AM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 10:19:27AM -0500, Ron wrote:
The second, that I'm not as clear about, is this:

RuntimeWarning: tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception
RuntimeWarning: tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zenmap", line 91, in <module>
  File "zenmapGUI\App.pyo", line 116, in <module>
  File "zenmapGUI\higwidgets\__init__.pyo", line 100, in <module>
  File "zenmapGUI\higwidgets\higboxes.pyo", line 99, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Box'

It looks like a version error with Python, but I'm not sure what could
be causing that. Nmap from the commandline works fine, fortunately, so
it's no big deal. I just thought I'd report it in case nobody else
had.

This is a very strange error. It's saying that gtk.Box doesn't exist. Do
you by chance have another installation of Python on the machine? Does
anyone else see this on Windows 7?

I started getting this error after upgrading GTK+ from version 2.16 to
2.18. I found a message at
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=4BB5AC30.1030408%40gmail.com
stating that it was caused by a missing "gio" package. I added that
package to the list of included packages and it started working for me
again. Future releases will be built this way; hopefully it will solve
this problem for you.

David Fifield