Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] socket:receive_buf(...) broken

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:58:49 +0200

On 09/16/2010 05:28 AM, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
This involves changing the behavior of existing functions but I think is a
better solution (or at least the beginning of one):

Hi,

I haven't read the whole thread but I guess that if you are planning to
change recv functions in NSE you'll also change Nsock I/O functions. I
just wanted to note that, as Ithilgore posted recently, there is an
implementation proposal by Venkat, that discusses this problem:
<http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q3/600>

Btw, I agree with David, I think implementing the standard read()
behavior in Nsock is the right way to go.

Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.