Nmap Development mailing list archives

Included OpenSSL upgraded to 1.0.0a

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:57:41 -0600

I upgraded our packaged Windows OpenSSL to version 1.0.0a. There were
just a couple of difficulties I ran into. The first is that including
<openssl/ssl.h> unconditionally includes <winsock.h> through
<openssl/dtls1.h>. This causes problems when combined with the
<winsock2.h> that we include. Including <winsock2.h> before
<openssl/ssh.h> is supposed to solve the problem by defining
_WINSOCKAPI_, which prevents <winsock.h> from doing anything. But that
didn't work when I tested it, perhaps because _WINSOCKAPI_ is undefined
by libpcap/pcap-stdinc.h. I tried several things, but the best solution
I was able to find was manually defining _WINSOCKAPI_ before including
<openssl/ssl.h>.

I found a couple of tickets about this, but they haven't gotten recent
attention.

http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=2187&user=guest&pass=guest
http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=2246&user=guest&pass=guest

I also had compilation errors in nse_ssl_cert.cc with symbols like
X509_NAME. These names are defined by both OpenSSL and Windows's
wincrypt.h. I'm not quite sure how the conflict is managed, but I made
the errors go away by including <windows.h> in the file.

David Fifield