Nmap Development mailing list archives

How do I test differing ports within my NSE script?

From: Bob Radvanovsky <rsradvan () unixworks net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:43:17 -0500

One thing that I've noticed is that the NSE scripts appear to target either ONE port, or a grouped number of ports for
a specific service (such as "SMB", for example).

If I am performing either enumeration and/or validation testing against an appliance that has differing services
available (such as the most common of ports 80/443 [web/secured web] on TCP and 161 [snmp] on UDP, how can I
incorporate that into a given NSE script?

I looked around the same scripts provided within the 5.35 development release, and have found nothing to indicate this.

How can I do this?  Any ideas?

-r