Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: lua brocken in nse script

From: Seth Graham <sadgart () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 20:23:35 +0200

Hi Patrick,

2010/9/1 Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>

Hello Seth,

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Seth Graham <sadgart () gmail com> wrote:
Hi to everybody,

I'm working in a litlle nse script to find proxys with method CONNECT
available. I've test it with some parameters contexts and it works fine,
but when it's working with a very large ip range it crash. I don't know
if
it is a nse engine problem (with multithreading maybe?), a problem in my
litle script or in lua libraries.

I'm unable to reproduce this problem. I suspect your Nmap is
configured/compiled improperly. Usually when there are GC segfaults it
results from two different Lua installations being linked to (usually
dynamic and static linking). Although, I find this unlikely
considering where the fault occurred.

I saw from the output that you are using Gentoo. Are you using the
installation provided by Gentoo or did you compile Nmap yourself? If
you did it yourself, what options did you use for configure? Did you
install Lua yourself? Is there anything else peculiar about your
installation?

--
- Patrick Donnelly

Yes, I use gentoo and for default my gcc CFLAGS optimizations are set to
-02, configuring nmap 5.21-r1 (with gentoo patches, I attach these) with lua
and ssl support and lua libaries dinamically.

With this optimizations compilation flags all my system is working fine (-02
is not so hard to break code usually), include nmap 'kernel'. If I launch
the same comand withouth NSE (nmap -n -sS -PS8080 -iR 0 -p 8080) it works
fine.

I have compiled nmap with -01 CFLAGS for test, and NSE break another time
with the attached debug file (nse-01.debug). And without any optimization
and too break (nse.debug).

In last, I have compiled nmap 5.35DC1 normally and it works fine.

Cheers,
Seth