Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: parsing XML with NSE

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 19:42:01 -0400

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 5:55 PM, DePriest, Jason R.
<jrdepriest () gmail com> wrote:
Is there an XML parser available for NSE that could take XML and turn
it in to Lua tables?

I've read http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaXml which says that you can get
Lua to do it, but it isn't built-in.  Is something like LuaXML already
present?

On another note, it would be nice if whatever parser existed could
also handle XSLT filtes.

I was starting to work on an NSE script that can parse the NAI ePolicy
Orchestrator agent information available from port 8081 on hosts
running ePO Agent, but I don't want to duplicate work if there is a
library I can already plug in.

There most definitely is somewhere. I'll go on a search. For those
wondering, the lua-users.org site just got moved to new servers and
the DNS might not be up to speed in your area (it's not for me).

--
- Patrick Donnelly