Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap favicon visualization

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:28:33 -0500

The story was featured on Slashdot today:
http://news.slashdot.org/story/10/08/23/1911247/Nmap-Developers-Release-a-Picture-of-the-Web

Great job!

Ron

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 15:54:10 -0600 David Fifield
<david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
You may remember that a year ago we did a web survey to find the most
common favicons for the http-favicon script. Apart from building our
favicon-db, we used the data to build an interactive visualization of
the icons of the top one million domains.

http://nmap.org/favicon/

The icons are scaled so that those corresponding to more popular
domains are proportionally larger. You can scroll and zoom in to see
the tiniest icons. You can also enter a domain name to find your
favorite icon among hundreds of thousands.

David Fifield

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org