Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Current SVN fails to build / link on CentOS 5.5

From: alexandru <alex () hackd net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 20:24:56 -0700

On 2010-08-18, at 7:49 PM, David Fifield wrote:

http://www.openssl.org/news/changelog.html seems to be wrong in claiming
that it was introduced in 1.0.0a. I have 0.9.8k and it works for me. I
checked the CHANGES file in the distribution and it says that the
function was introduced in 0.9.8f.

Interesting. I had tried compiling against 0.9.8o and I had the same failure, but maybe I overlooked something. Is your
0.9.8k vanilla or distro-specific? Just wondering if some patches got backported in some distros.

Guess it doesn't really matter if there's a fix either way, though.

r19881 should fix the problem. It avoids using the function (actually a
macro) if it's not available. This will break SNI for those with an
OpenSSL too old to support it.

David Fifield

--
@