Nmap Development mailing list archives

Please help test WDB/VxWorks NSE script

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:07:40 -0500

Howdy, list!

I have written an NSE script for version detection of the Wind River Debugger (WDB), commonly found on embedded VxWorks devices, and recently brought to light by H. D. Moore [1] at Black Hat. I based it off of the Metasploit wdbrpc_version scanner module, as well as my own research. The script is attached.

Big problem: I do not have access to a device running VxWorks with WDB enabled. So I really can't tell if the script will work, or if I still have bugs. Please help me test this! Anyone with access to such a device (or who can point me to an Internet-accessible device with the service running) should just run it like:

nmap -sU -p 17185 --script=wdb-version.nse $TARGET

In the meantime, I will be working on setting the service version from the script (right now, it just dumps the information it grabs from the service).

Thanks,
Dan

[1] http://blog.metasploit.com/2010/08/vxworks-vulnerabilities.html