Nmap Development mailing list archives

Seeking agreement to have NSE's accesible via OpenVAS

From: "Jan-Oliver Wagner" <Jan-Oliver.Wagner () greenbone net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 14:15:47 +0200

Hello,

I seek for assistance from the Nmap project in order
to find an agreement on how to make NSEs available
via the OpenVAS framework.

My intitial idea expressed on nmap-dev  February 26 2010

  http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2010/q1/677

seems to be not so welcome anymore:

  http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/openvas-devel/2010-June/002272.html

How about further shrinking our integration idea down to the following:

* Do not distribute any NSE's via OpenVAS NVT Feed but rather only
   wrappers. The NSE as present from a existing NSE installation
   are executed.

* Do not copy description text from NSE's but rather re-phrase a summary.

* Add a credit sentence to the Meta-Data.
   For this I really would like to receive a phrase from the Nmap Project
   to avoid any further irritation.

Would this be acceptable from the Nmap project point of view?

Any feedback is really appreciated!
I must confess I am a bit lost on the intentions and expectations
of the Nmap project.

All the best

        Jan