Nmap Development mailing list archives

Status Report for Drazen #13 of 16

From: Dražen Popović <drazen.popovic () fer hr>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:22:26 +0200

Hi everyone.

Accomplishments:
      * Fixed some "ndr.lua" bugs.
      * Ported "smb-check-vulns.nse" to use the "ndr.lua" library. RRAS
        check, DNS check and the SRVSVC check (conficker). Seems to work
        fine.
      * Studied the available parsers for the IDL language. One is PIDL
        [1] which is used by SAMBA and WShark, and the other is PyMSRPC
        IDL parser [2]. Both have some disadvantages and advantages. The
        goal of these parsers was to parse the Microsoft Interface
        Definition Language which would automate the process of making
        RPC clients and servers. While PyMSRPC parser tried to stick
        with the exact specification of the MIDL language (which is an
        extended IDL), the PIDL made it's own extensions. The effect of
        it all is that MIDL files are not compatible with PIDL ones, so
        one must adjust the files accordingly to be able to produce
        client stubs. That's the reason why SAMBA distributes the IDL
        files. The advantage of PyMSRPC approach is that is written in
        python which I'm more familiar with then perl, but so far I
        haven't produced any output with it primary because I was
        dealing with PIDL.

Priorities:
      * Implement error handling in "ndr.lua".
      * Utilize one of the IDL parsers to produce client stubs for NSE
        (ASAP).

Cheers,
Dražen.