Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r18902 - nmap

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 08:52:17 -0600

Author: batrick
Date: Sat Jul 17 04:59:04 2010
New Revision: 18902

Log:
Clean up code. Fix port.version.service_fp not getting set properly.
Added field service_dtype (which was replacing service_fp) to version table.

Modified:
  nmap/nse_nmaplib.cc

In addition to cleaning up this code there appears to be an error
where the port.version.service_fp was being replaced with what I think
was supposed to be a service_dtype field:

-  SCRIPT_ENGINE_PUSHSTRING_NOTNULL(sd->service_fp, "service_fp");
-
-  switch(sd->dtype) {
-    case(SERVICE_DETECTION_TABLE):
-      SCRIPT_ENGINE_PUSHSTRING_NOTNULL("table", "service_fp");
-      break;
-    case(SERVICE_DETECTION_PROBED):
-      SCRIPT_ENGINE_PUSHSTRING_NOTNULL("probed", "service_fp");
-      break;
-    default:
-      fatal("%s: In: %s:%i This should never happen.",
-        SCRIPT_ENGINE, __FILE__, __LINE__);
-      break;
-  }

As you can see, the first set to the "service_fp" field is always
replaced by this sd->dtype value. I went ahead and added a
"service_dtype" field instead. I will document this change assuming no
one has a problem with it.

That looks fine. I was going to suggest calling it just "dtype" instead
of "service_dtype", because the other fields match their C struct names.
But on reflection I think that doesn't matter so much. How about calling
it "method", which matches the attribute in XML output?

<service name="X11" method="table" conf="3"/>

David Fifield