Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: OpenBSD nmap/libnetutil/netutil.cc header files error -- quick and dirty patch attached

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:52:45 -0600

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 09:43:57PM +0200, pourlori () hushmail com wrote:
I've had some difficulties compiling libnetutil on OpenBSD 4.7 -
Stable.
Here's a small patch that I made in order to get the compilation
done properly.

I hope you will find it useful and make a proper patch, the
comments in the files are somewhat funny,
like "Why doesn't OpenBSD do that ?", I've no answer and I couldn't
find any relevant documentation on the subject,

Can you please show us the exact error messages that you get?

I'm curious why this is needed. I don't see the symbol n_time used
anywhere.

typedef u_int32_t n_time; /* defined somewhere else, a PITA to include */

Most of the contents of netutil.cc were taken from tcpip.cc. Can you
check if moving includes from tcpip.cc or tcpip.h fixes the problem?

David Fifield