Nmap Development mailing list archives

New library in Nmap: libnetutil

From: Luis Martín García <luis.martingarcia () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 20:12:49 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to let you know that I've just merged a branch I was working on
to the main trunk. From now own, Nmap and Nping will use a new library,
libnetutil, which contains networking-related code that was being used
by both tools, but was duplicated, being kept in two separate places.
The new lib is written in C++ and hopefully it will make it easier to
share code between Nmap and its companion tools. The creation of this
lib means that around 2,700 lines of code are now kept in a single
place. This should significantly improve maintainability and may
encourage the development of more generic,reusable and loosely coupled
functions and classes in the future.

This can be tested updating to the latest SVN version. Please let me
know if you find any problems.

Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.