Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Always practice safe software: a lesson from UnrealIRCd

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:35:38 +0200

On 06/13/2010 02:24 AM, Fyodor wrote:
Also, I think this calls out for an NSE script to detect the backdoor!
Any volunteers?  It is a really simple backdoor, and a script would
allow people to quickly scan their networks for vulnerable servers.
Maybe we should have a general backdoor detection script which can
start out with just Unreal but can be later extended to handle other
backdoors/trojans.

Quick'n'dirty NSE script is in attachment. Feel free to modify & adapt it.

Note: script tries to shut down the IRC server to check if it is
vulnerable. Feel free to make it safer/better...

Kost