Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Precise OS detection of Windows over port 445?

From: Richard Miles <richard.k.miles () googlemail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 17:57:57 +0000

With admin it's possible, the trick is get it without account or with
a restricted user, I mean, the language of the system.

Thanks

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:56 PM, rilian4 rilian4 <rilian4 () gmail com> wrote:
Using Ron's ubiquitous psexec.nse script, I can get the service pack from a
windows box assuming I have admin credentials for the box. The following
output uses a custom .lua, psexec.nse and psinfo.exe from sysinternals.com.
The .lua will upload the file to the target, run it and remove it. psinfo
can also dump all the hotfixes and give you lots of generic system
information as well.

nmap -p445 --script=smb-psexec --script-args=smbuser=
adminuser,smbpass=yourpass,config=./psinfo target.ip.address

Starting Nmap 5.21 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2010-06-03 09:55 PDT
NSE: Script Scanning completed.
Nmap scan report for target.hostname (my.ip.address)
Host is up (0.00033s latency).
PORT    STATE SERVICE
445/tcp open  microsoft-ds
MAC Address: 00:1C:C0:4E:3A:E7 (Intel Corporate)

Host script results:
| smb-psexec:
|   psinfo
|_    Service pack:              3

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 8.38 seconds

Not sure if this helps but thought I'd throw it in there for you all.
Aaron