Nmap Development mailing list archives

Status Report #5 of 15

From: Dražen Popović <drazen.popovic () fer hr>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 00:03:45 +0200

Hi everyone!

It has begun. :)
As Luis said this week has been more productive and it's only going to
get better.

So...

Accomplishments:
      * Finished my first NSE script(smb-check-ms06_025), and it's now
        in the discussion and testing phase on nmap-dev.
      * Learned how to use PIDL to help me with NDR translations. Also
        started crawling the SAMBA code as their code design
        could/should be used when implementing MSRPC.

Priorities:
      * Start working on another vulnerability check.
      * Start laying out some code for the NDR marshalling and
        unmarshalling engine that will be used with NIDL (IDL parser
        that produces NSE/Lua code).
      * Introduce OO in msrpc code. Throw some design ideas on nmap-dev
        (UML class diagrams and  such).
      * Compile a human readable doc which describes what useful
        enumerations and vulnerability checks could be developed with
        msrpc services. The idea behind this is to engage people into
        filtering the better ideas. First thought that came to mind is
        to make a brief tutorial on using SAMBAs rpcclient tool.

Cheers,
Dražen.

--
Laboratory for Systems and Signals
Department of Electronic Systems and Information Processing