Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [rainmap] RFC on UI mockups

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 12:53:54 -0600

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 05:59:57PM -0700, Fyodor wrote:
Now included at the bottom of the scan is the full nmap command. The
user will be allowed to click it and then copy it from a pop-up
dialog. Since scans have names and the full command is readily
visible, I've opted on removing the host/IP column.

Looks good (http://rainmap.labs.hackd.net/).

On the topic of Nmap command lines, I want to make sure that you, Alex,
are aware of the NmapOptions class in Zenmap,
zenmap/zenmapCore/NmapOptions.py. It has a command line parser that
produces an object whose attributes you can query. It was written for
the profile editor in Zenmap, so that the user could enter a command
line and have the GUI widgets automatically update themselves. It has
the additional benefit that to store profiles we don't need to keep a
bunch of flags like "OS detection?" "traceroute?" but can just store the
text string.

David Fifield