Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Check for MS06-025 vulnerability in Microsoft RRAS service

From: Dražen Popović <drazen.popovic () fer hr>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 19:30:04 +0200

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 13:52 +0000, Richard Miles wrote:
2010/5/31 Dražen Popović <drazen.popovic () fer hr>:
On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 00:49 +0000, Richard Miles wrote:
Interesting. But for the others that required a credential, this
credential need to be a administrative credential? Or it can be a
normal user?
This service is used for managing the network configuration, so admin
privs are required. I must try it to be sure...I'll get back to you.

Here's an update on credentials needed to gain a shell on a vulnerable
Win2000SP4:

1) User:  not set, Password: not set, Type: NULL session, Shell: no with
STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED on "\router" smb pipe.

2) User: Guest, Password: not set, Group/Type: Guest Account
Note: If Guest account disable you get STATUS_ACCOUNT_DISABLED.
Else
Shell: yes.
MSF:
meterpreter > getuid
Server username: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
NMAP:
Host script results:
|_smb-check-ms06_025: MS06_025 alive!!!

3) User: user, Password: set, Group/Type: Users, Shell: yes
MSF:
meterpreter > getuid
Server username: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
NMAP:
Host script results:
|_smb-check-ms06_025: MS06_025 alive!!!

4)User: Administrator, Password: set, Group/Type: Administrators, Shell:
yes.
MSF:
meterpreter > getuid
Server username: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
NMAP:
Host script results:
|_smb-check-ms06_025: MS06_025 alive!!!

So as you can see the test shows that the vulnerable code can be reached
with lower than admin credentials.

@Ron A very cool idea! =) Have you considered making a little NSE
exploiting framework? Nothing too fancy, just simple as connect-back
shellcodes and such.

Regards,
Dražen.

P.S. Vulnerable WinXP testing pending...

--
Laboratory for Systems and Signals
Department of Electronic Systems and Information Processing