Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap Payloads from a File Patch

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 12:55:42 -0600

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 06:01:22PM -0400, jrf wrote:
On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 03:49:45PM -0500, Kris Katterjohn wrote:

It looks like your patch accidentally reverts my scan_engine.cc changes
from r17532.

Attached is a patch for nmap using file based payloads that is with
more current sources.

Thanks, Jay, this is committed now. It sure is easy to add a new
payload.

I did a lot of miscellaneous formatting cleanup on the patch. But I also
noticed a couple of substantive changes. It seems you left out port
44400 for the Quake 3 port, so I added that. The new nmap-payloads file
had the specification "520,222" for the RIP probe, while it was only
defined for 520 in payload.cc. I've changed it back to "520". Was that
left over from testing or something?

David Fifield