Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: UDP Reporting issues

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 11:37:42 -0600

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:28:35AM -0700, Wolf Halton wrote:
Thanks for the help.  I guess I finally am realizing that the
port-services listed are suggestions of what might be present.  Some
of these are Windows and some BSD.  This is a rather long report but
it is showing all the boxes have the same UDP port-services

The reason you see the same ports on all hosts is that those are the
only ports being scanned. Nmap scans the most likely 1,000 ports by
default. The ports not scanned are not shown. Use the -p option to
control which ports are scanned.

David Fifield