Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] rpc.lua Portmapper list cached in the NSE registry

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 02:15:57 +0100

On 2010-05-16 20:29:57 +0200, Patrik Karlsson wrote:

On 2010-05-15 02:34:42 -0600, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
So, the number and string keys are considered strong references in a
weak keyed table even when the string "a" is collectible.
Yes this is correct but when we use weak values like:
[...]
then all the pairs are collected, even number and string keys. The Pil
doc doesn't tell us much about weak values. I have played with weak
tables and I have noticed this behavior, I'm using Lua 5.1.4 and I hope
that this is not a bug or something else!!
Pls Patrick correct me if I'm wrong.

No, you're code is right. Sorry I forgot you were using a weak valued
table with all the weak keyed table discussion!

Thanks for clearing that up.
I've commited this patch as r17597

--
- Patrick Donnelly