Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: smtp-commands.nse updated

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 18:20:02 -0500

Thank you Duarte for the pointers.  Here is the updated version.

-Jason

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Duarte Silva <> wrote:
Hi,

I only had the time to look at the script this weekend and this is the
suggestions I want to make.

- Add a domain parameter so that the nmap.scanme.org can be replaced by the user

- When you call tryssl the command will be sent right away, so you can
remove the code from 144 to 148 because you would be sending EHLO two
times

- On line 151 you correctly call quit but you don't return from the
function and that will make the script execute the HELP command with
an invalid socket

- On line 170 the same as in 151, but you should return with the
failure function so that the output returned from EHLO doesn't get
lost. Otherwise the script will execute the quit function with an
illegal socket in line 179

This is are the things that I came up with by looking at the
code. I will perform some testing during this weekend and if something
more comes up I will let you know.

Keep up the good work,
Duarte

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:06 PM, DePriest, Jason R.