Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSOC: NMAP Hosted Scanner Mock up

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 15:07:56 -0700

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 01:09:00PM -0700, Fyodor wrote:
On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 03:40:16AM +0300, Mustafa CANTÜRK wrote:

I just created a mockup page for NMAP hosted scanner. Here is the link:

http://fethilale.com/nmapcloud/mockup.html

Thanks Mustafa, but I'm afraid that Google stopped accepting SoC
applications at the pre-announced deadline, which was yesterday at
19:00 UTC.  We couldn't accept any late applications even if we wanted
to.  But if you're still a student next year, we hope you'll apply for
SoC 2011.

I should have also mentioned one other thing: Nmap is open source and
we welcome participation from anyone and everyone, not just SoC
students.  So you are welcome and encouraged to work on an Nmap Hosted
Scanner, or any other idea on the SoC ideas list which interests you.
And future SoC applicants are ranked much more highly if they have any
previous Nmap development experience.  After all, we already know that
they can do good work.

Cheers,
Fyodor