Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap will not start on Mac OSX 10.6.3

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:32:51 -0600

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 03:50:37PM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 08:44:18AM -0400, David Dipert wrote:
Scans seems to be working. I have found one issue,
If I do a scan then hit the topology tab zenmap becomes unresponsive,
I have to force quit the program to do anything.
If I start zenmap and hit topology it seem that I can get the topo tab
working but there is no data to look at due to no scans have been
done.

The logs below are the start of zenmap then do a quick scan, then try
to open the topo tab. Zenmap freezes

I think I know what's going on here. It's a remanifestation of this
error, http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q2/721, that was fixed last
year. I know what to do to fix it and should have another test release
for you by Monday.

Sorry, I ran into a problem and it took a little longer than I thought.
Please test

http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-5.30BETA1-test2.dmg

Test the topology tab as you did before, and please also test printing
(under the "Scan" menu). After running, check if the directory
~/macports-10.4u/var/cache/fontconfig has been created. I think it will
be, and I think I'll make further changes to keep it from being created.

David Fifield