Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: LDAP scripts

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 20:13:20 +0100

On 16 feb 2010, at 03.26, David Fifield wrote:

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 07:08:23PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but ldap-brute isn't working
for me. The default password for OpenLDAP is "secret", which isn't in
passwords.lst. But even if I add it in, the script tries all the
username/password combinations and doesn't produce any output.

One other thing about ldap-brute. Does this actually work?

   -- handle special case where we want to guess the username as password
   if password == "%username%" then
           password = username
   end

I don't see where the "%username%" value can come from.

Several of my password dictionaries include this word to signal the loop to use the username as a password.
Against some systems, especially test and development, the success rate of this combo has proven to be relatively high.
Perhaps this is something that could be standardized using some clever method so that other brute scripts could us it
too.

//Patrik

David Fifield

--