Nmap Development mailing list archives

Strange bug under windows

From: taemun <taemun () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:41:12 +1100

I've noticed recently, when doing nmap -Avv so.me.I.P that nmap will
sporadically produce the following error:

------------------------
...... some stuff.......
Scanning 11 services on so.me.I.P
Strange connect error from so.me.I.P (10013): No such file or directory
Assertion failed: 0, file .\src\nsock_core.c, line 377

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I had never seen this happen up until some weeks ago, and it seems to
come and go as is pleases. Although, when its happening, hammering
doesn't make nmap change its mind and not crash.

It only happens with the service scan.

Google doesn't seem to know anything about this error:-
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=%22Assertion+failed:+0,+file+.\src\nsock_core.c,+line+377%22

I'm running Windows 2008 R2 Ent on this system.

Any thoughts?