Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: FW: Bug in default ZENMAP GUI

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:36:58 -0700

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 06:16:16PM -0700, Mick Alvey wrote:
Hello:

Hint: if your bounce scan target hosts aren't reachable from here, remember
to use -PN so we don't try and ping them prior to the scan

WARNING: Many people use -PN w/Idlescan to prevent pings from their true IP.
On the other hand, timing info Nmap gains from pings can allow for faster,
more reliable scans.

You specified more than one type of TCP scan.  Please choose only one of
-sA, -b, -sT, -sF, -sI, -sM, -sN, -sS, -sW, and -sX

QUITTING!

When starting up using the windows GUI Zenmap - the scan line fills in a
default scan that is not correct - I.e. nmap -sI -T4 -O -A -v -n -PE
-PA21,23,80,3389 -b 192.168.111.0/24

This is annoying to say the least and for the uninitiated, it should at
least be a valid scan?

That isn't the default Zenmap scan. Someone must have modified the
profile on your computer. The default scan ("Intense scan") is

        nmap -T4 -A -v -PE -PS22,25,80 -PA21,23,80,3389

Just go under the "Profile" menu to "Edit Selected Profile", and paste
the above command in. That should fix it.

David Fifield