Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: snv nping fail to configure in ubuntu desktop 9.10

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:27:31 -0600

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:23:25AM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 11:57 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:32:17PM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
the svn version of nping fails to compile when trying to use the
compilation procedure as suggested by this site

iqbala@ghar-iqbala:~$ svn co --username guest --password "" svn://svn.insecure.org/nping

Where are the instructions you followed? They need to be updated. To

http://nmap.org/nping/

save space, nping uses some files from the parent nmap directory.
Usually everything is checked out all at once:

$ svn co --username guest --password "" svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap

That will create an nmap/nping directory.

Thanks. I passed the configure. But now I am failing to make.

Run "configure" and "make" in the nmap directory. Nping needs to link
with code in the nbase and nsock directories. It's easiest to build
everything at once.

David Fifield