Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Nmap bug - nmap -sT and --packet-trace error

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:44:15 -0000

I suspect the confusion comes from seeing things like "TCP
192.168.1.16:53357" when performing a SYN scan, rather than "TCP localhost".
I'm assuming there's no (elegant) way of identifying the source IP address
that Windows will use during a Connect scan? I highly doubt that there's a
way of identifying the source port for each request. I can live with just
seeing "localhost" though.

Rob