Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncrack suggestion.

From: Richard Miles <richard.k.miles () googlemail com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 10:20:52 -0500

Hi!

As a follow up, I tested Ncrack in a VM with BackTrack and all tools work
fine, including nmap. However, when using Ncrack in a few minutes the
program gets killed. Even medusa works fine.

Starting Ncrack 0.01ALPHA ( http://ncrack.org ) at 2010-03-26 11:34 CDT
Rate: 67.88; Found: 0; About 1.02% done; ETC: 03:35 (5:04:18 remaining)
Stats: 0:03:25 elapsed; 0 services completed (40 total)
Rate: 59.68; Found: 0; About 1.12% done; ETC: 03:32 (5:01:07 remaining)
Stats: 0:06:37 elapsed; 0 services completed (40 total)
Rate: 78.49; Found: 0; About 2.24% done; ETC: 03:23 (4:48:52 remaining)
Killed

I'm using wordlists provided with Ncrack
(/usr/local/share/ncrack/minimal.usr and
/usr/local/share/ncrack/default.pwd) and loading an list of targets for SSH
via -iL where I have something like 40 hosts.

Is this a well know bug?

Thanks.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Richard Miles <