Nmap Development mailing list archives

GSoC: Nmap on Android

From: Hasanat Kazmi <hasanatkazmi () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:55:49 +0500

Hi,
I am potential Google Summer of Code student 2010. I want to see
possibilities of porting Nmap to Android platform.

I favor Android being first mobile platform for Nmap because:

Porting is easy: Thanks to Android's NDK (Native Development Kit), it seems
possible that Nmap can be compiled using Android SDK. Zenmap or anyother
current GUI can not be ported directly, so I assume majority of work would
be on developing GUI

Android has more usage: (specially as compared to Maemo) Android phones are
more in number and are growing, specially people who use Nmap are more
likely to have Android device than Maemo, iphone, j2me VMs etc

Any ideas, critique, suggestions.... ?

Hasanat Kazmi
+923464362473