Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Qscan in NSE: qscan.nse

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:03:13 -0500

As an enhancement to the whole concept, how difficult would it be to integrate some OS-detection-style tricks? Sample
things like:
o Initial TTL
o IPID numbers (zero/incremental/random)
o etc.

Gather those stats, group the hosts that *might* be the same, then do the timing tests on the sub-groups.

It seems me that that'd significantly increase the accuracy.