Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap & Bash Auto-Completion (was: Am I Missing Something?)

From: Jay Fink <jay.fink () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:32:00 -0500

Do you have the instructions or link to the original file?

I messed around a little bit with something David posted a few weeks
ago then forgot about it.

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 6:25 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 09:59:47PM -0600, Daniel Miller wrote:
Here's a bash-completion script for nmap that covers all the options
in the 5.00 release. There are some preference things that could be
changed, such as which options to tab-complete by default. I'm sure
there's a better way to do the comma-separated list of script
categories and names, but this works. Hope this helps!

Daniel, I want to thank you for putting it together. I've heard a
request for a completion setup more than once. I'm sorry there hasn't
been much response to this, and I don't want you to get discouraged as a
contributor.

Has anyone tried this out and like it? If it's working, perhaps we can
include it in the Nmap source or encourage distributors to package it.

David Fifield