Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: tcpwrapper hassle

From: Richard Sammet <richard.sammet () googlemail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:55:13 +0100

Hi Edin,

you should have  look at the "--min-hostgroup/max-hostgroup <size>:
Parallel host scan group sizes" option.

By setting the hostgroup to a maximum of e.g. 16, nmap will only scan
16 hosts in parallel and after done so it will save the results for
those 16 hosts to the log before going on to scan the next 16 hosts.

This way you are not going to lose that much result data in case of  failure...

You should also keep in mind that speeding up a scan will cause you
miss some open ports/services. especially if you decide to reduce the
timeout values... So its really decision between speed an accuracy...

Greetings,
Richard