Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [SCRIPT] DB2 Information gathering script - New version of the script

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:15:28 -0700

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:10:41PM -0600, Tom Sellers wrote:
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

I have attached an updated version of the db2-info.nse script that
should keep the probed version string if it is more precise.  Either
way the additional data is generated when the verbosity is high
enough.

Also, the categories have been updated to be more appropriate:

      categories = {"safe", "discovery", "version"}

The only thing I can see to change is the ebcdic2ascii table. It should
be able to handle any byte value, or unless I'm mistaken, the script can
crash at this line:

      data_string  = data_string .. ebcdic2ascii[string.format("%x",string.byte(response,i))]

You can do it by setting a default value on the table as is described
here: http://www.lua.org/pil/13.4.3.html. So in this case it might be

setmetatable(ebcdic2ascii, { __index = function() return "." end })

David Fifield