Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Updated output for scripts

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:14:02 -0600

Fyodor wrote:
Perhaps this amount of initial whitespace is excessive, particularly
when you get several levels deep.  Maybe this would be better?

| smb-enum-users:
| | WINDOWS2003\Administrator (RID: 500)
| | |_Flags:       Password does not expire, Normal user account
| | WINDOWS2003\ASPNET (RID: 1008)
| | | Full name:   ASP.NET Machine Account
| | |_Flags:       Password not required, Password does not expire, Normal user account

Or perhaps it would be even better with the "|" replaced by a space
for levels 2 and greater:
Hmm, the reason I went with two spaces is because NSE adds two spaces
after the first pipe. I'm cool with either way, though.

| smb-enum-users:
|   WINDOWS2003\Administrator (RID: 500)
|     Flags:       Password does not expire, Normal user account
|   WINDOWS2003\ASPNET (RID: 1008)
|     Full name:   ASP.NET Machine Account
|     Flags:       Password not required, Password does not expire, Normal user account

Personally, I think I like this last one (#3) best.
Hmm, I can easily make that change, and it'll change every script
automatically, but I'm not sure I like it. I sort of like how the pipes
group everything together. Without them, I also think multiple scripts'
outputs will be difficult to tell apart.

I'm ok either way, though. :)

Cheers,
-F
Ron