Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat for Netcat users

From: venkat sanaka <venkatsanaka () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 22:39:58 +0530

Yes, this has been on my TODO for a long time. We already do this on
Windows, where you can't just redirect the standard input and output of
a child process to a socket. Instead, we create a couple of pipes to
pass to the subprocess, and start a thread to relay data between the
socket and the pipes. Besides allowing --exec with SSL, this would also
allow logging of data sent and received by the child process.

I had already gone through some part of command execution code
while fixing this bug: http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q4/44

So David,I would like to work on this if you can give me more insight
on this issue.

Regards
Venkat