Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: OS X 10.6 Problems with privileged scans - data from version 5.0

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:22:30 -0500

David Fifield wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 09:49:20PM -0400, SCRIVENS WALTER wrote:
I've been dealing with this from version 5.05 BETA1, and I have the same symptoms as Tom.

I have no problem with nmap version 5.0

Tom, does version 5.00 work for you too?

David Fifield

No, it does not.  I didn't expect that it would though, I constantly run
SVN versions and they were working under Tiger before I went to Snow Leopard.
I will try this with an ethernet connection tomorrow instead of my wireless.
Based on the Wireshark document there is a chance that ethernet will work after
their fix, even if wireless will not.

There is also the chance that Apple will correct the bug in the next update, which
I *think* should be out soonish.

Tom