Nmap Development mailing list archives

Updated smb-check-vulns.nse for SMBv2

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:23:42 -0500

I just checked in an updated version of smb-check-vulns.nse that will check for the SMBv2 vulnerability (by crashing the system and seeing if it's offline).

I decided to sidestep the whole 'DoS' issue the same way I did before, and used a script argument to control whether or not it runs. smb-check-vulns.nse requires you to pass --script-args=unsafe=1 to run checks that are guaranteed to crash vulnerable hosts. If the user doesn't pass that parameter, the outputs tells them to.

I'm going to write a blog post about it shortly, I'll post a link when that's done.

Ron