Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: dhcp script!

From: Michael Pattrick <mpattrick () rhinovirus org>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 18:01:53 -0400

Addresses obtained via discovery 'should be' set aside in a temporary
pool and expire before the standard address expiry time. The address
should stay in that pool until the client issues a request for that
address (discover, offer, request, acknowledge).

Further, even if an address is requested, some routers cache mac
addresses so you'll find yourself with 1000 copies of the same
address.

-M