Nmap Development mailing list archives

Installation of the nselib/data directory

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:36:57 -0600

Brandon and I discovered today that the nselib/data directory is not
installed when you run "make install". Any scripts that needed any of
these data files

favicon-db   http-fingerprints  usernames.lst
folders.lst  passwords.lst      yokoso-fingerprints

wouldn't work after being installed if you were not running from inside
a working directory. This installation seems to have been broken for a
long time, so I guess lots of people run from a working directory.

Now those scripts should work:

$ nmap --script=http-favicon -p 80 www.blogger.com

Starting Nmap 5.05BETA1 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-08-31 17:36 MDT
NSE: Script Scanning completed.
Interesting ports on nuq04s01-in-f191.google.com (74.125.19.191):
PORT   STATE SERVICE
80/tcp open  http
|_ http-favicon: Found favicon from Blogger Favicon.

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.84 seconds

David Fifield