Nmap Development mailing list archives

Two NSE questions

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:46:39 -0500

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement a script to send/receive DHCP Inform requests. And, it almost works, except for two problems that I don't know how to resolve.

I know these can both be fixed using raw sockets, but I'd really like to avoid that.

First, I need to set my source port to UDP/68 for these transactions. I don't see any way to do that using the connect() function. I realize that UDP/68 is reserved so r00t is required, but -sU requires root anyways.

Second, I need to know the MAC address of the interface that I'm listening on. Is there (or can there be) any way to do that from NSE? Ideally, it'd be nice if socket:get_info() returned it, but I don't know what would be involved.

Thanks!
Ron

--
Ron Bowes