Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug in NSE core, I think

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:08:32 -0500

On 08/27/2009 05:01 PM, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
Hi Ron,

/output.cc uses the hostname value (Target.h) for output. The value
*you* want is targetname, which is the name specified on the command
line. The hostname field is the same for all the hosts probably
because of rDNS?

Yes, that's correct, it's using rDNS to get the name (in this case, test.skullsecurity.org).

I realize this makes perfect sense when scanning an ip range, but when I give tagetnames on the commandline it'd be nice if they'd display in the output.

I don't think it's an urgent thing that has to be done, but it's something that makes scanning web servers with multiple domains a little tricky.

Ron

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org/